By Michael Stewart @TheTruthNYG
This will be part 13 in a series of 13 as we review the safety position in the 2021 draft. Safety is not as deep as the cornerback, but there is still talent to be found on all three days of the draft. Let’s take a look at my Top 10 safeties in the 2021 NFL draft.
- Trevon Moehrig (TCU)-6’2/202: Moehrig is a free safety ball hawk and reliable in man coverage as well as a zone. Moehrig operates best away from the line of scrimmage.
- Andre Cisco (Syracuse)-6’0/203: Cisco operates as a free safety who has great instincts and vision. Cisco has led the ACC in interceptions in 2018 & 2019; which should pique the interest of many teams.
- Jevon Holland (Oregon) 6’1/196: Holland has excellent versatility and a high football IQ while utilizing his athletic ability.
- Hamsah Nasirildeen (Florida State)-6’4/215: Nasirildeen blend of size, physicality, athleticism, and instincts makes him a sort after safety in 2021. Nasirildeen has a high ceiling once he puts it all together.
- Paris Ford (Pittsburgh)-6’0/190: Ford plays physical and is extremely athletic at the safety position. Ford plays with urgency and has good anticipation.
- Ar’Darius Washington-5’8/175: Washington is small in stature, but packs a potent punch on opposing receivers. Washington has top-of-the-line speed to stay with most receivers.
- Caden Sterns (Texas)-6’0/210: Sterns has a high football IQ that allows him to anticipate well and be around the ball often. Sterns is best when away from the line of scrimmage.
- Richard LeCounte III (Georgia)-5’11/190: LeCounte III can defend the pass and also support the run. LeCounte III displays strong leadership skills and leads by example.
- Bubba Bolden (Miami)-6’3/200: Bolden is versatile and plays in different alignments on various packages. Bolden can play the slot at times, deep coverage, and also in the box on blitzes packages.
- Kolby Harvell-Peel (Oklahoma St)-6’0/210: Harvey-Peel can tackle and does everything well. A swiss army knife. Harvell-Peel could improve his coverage skills at the next level.