By Michael J Basile, @MdoublejB
Big Blue won their 3rd straight to put them in first place in the NFC East with a 4-7 record.
Daniel Jones looked solid again but unfortunately, all the focus for the GMen is on the MRI results on DJs injured hamstring. Will DJ miss Sunday’s matchup against the Seattle Seahawks? Until we find out here’s a look at DJs performance in the victory over the Cincinnati Bengals.
* 16 passes completed out of 27 attempts; There were a few that the intended receivers dropped so the percentage should actually be higher for Jones. The QB continued his on point accuracy and looked comfortable in Cincy.
* 213 yards, 7.9 yards per attempt; 6 carries for 19 yards. Jones has taken more shots down the field. The dink and dunks are over. That credit goes to the offensive line as the pass protection improves each week.
* 0 turnovers for the 3rd game in a row
* 9/21 3rd down conversions and 3/3 on 4th downs
* The 53 yarder to Evan Engram down the right sideline was a great play by Jones on their first scoring drive.
* DJ put the ball in the perfect spot for what should’ve been a Darius Slayton touchdown. Hitting on this would have certainly changed the complexion of the game, but Slayton failed to make the play. And instead of winning comfortably, the Giants forced the big blue nation to sweat it out again at the end of the 4th quarter.
He played a clean game, the only negative is really the injury. It isn’t even clear when he actually hurt it, since the play he left the game didn’t appear to be too serious on the hamstring.
* The season hinges on the MRI results on DJs hamstring; Big Blue isn’t beating Seattle with Colt McCoy at QB, and if Jones misses more than 1 game, the excitement of being the NFC East leaders will quickly go away.